June 2, 2022
UW Libraries Catalog and Search Upgrade
The UW Libraries Catalog and Search upgrade has been completed. Please note that your My Favorites Saved Items may take up to two days to load into your UW Libraries Search account.
See info about other changes at System Transition Guide.
The UW Libraries will be upgrading its catalog software on Monday, June 13, 2022 to improve performance and introduce new features. The UW Libraries catalog will be offline on June 13 during the upgrade and have an impact on saved user data after it has been completed.
Key Information for UW Health Sciences Users
The UW Libraries catalog and search will be offline the entire day on Monday, June 13.
The Health Sciences Library will remain open and staffed for normal hours (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
Other UW Libraries will be closed to implement the upgrade (except the Friday Harbor Library).
Some user data will be impacted:
- Item permalinks in Canvas or other course materials will not automatically direct in the new system. Please see the UW Libraries Transition Guide for steps to obtain updated permalinks.
- Saved searches and search alerts will not migrate. If you wish to save your searches, please export them by June 12.
- New records will populate into the catalog much more quickly.
- Item availability windows will load faster.
- The Search-Inside feature will allow users to search for articles within journal titles.
- The Journals Browse feature will incorporate both print and electronic materials.
See the UW Libraries Transition Guide for more information.