October 14, 2020
Autumn Quarter Update
Health Sciences Library Patrons:
We hope your Fall 2020 quarter is going well. We want to update you on which services are available to you during the COVID-19 closure of the Health Sciences Library. The Library building is currently closed for the safety of students/staff/faculty until further notice, but our staff is available and working remotely to support you.
Please see below the list of services available to you and your students while the library remains closed. Don’t hesitate to ask us if you have any questions. We look forward to serving you as we follow the Libraries Phased Reopening.
- Libraries staff are available 24/7 to help you find available resources, assist with research, and answer questions. Just Ask Us.
- Research consultations are offered via Zoom.
- NO CONTACT PICK-UP SERVICE is available! You can now request and pick up items at each campus. Pick up for the Seattle campus will be at Suzzallo Library.
- Interlibrary Loan continues to fill requests for articles and book chapters. Any requests that cannot be filled with electronic resources will be requested from other libraries. This includes scans, but not physical materials at this time.
- Access to e-resources: UW Libraries provides a wide range of e-resources including temporary access to over 1 million additional electronic books and resources through our HathiTrust partnership.
- Due dates: Due dates are postponed, but please return items if you are able so that others can access the materials, especially if that item has been recalled/requested by another user.
- Returning items: Some book returns are open. Please return items if you are able so that others can access the materials.
- Fines:Overdue fines accrued between March 6, 2020, and the day the Libraries re-open will be canceled. Fines accrued before March 6 can be paid online.
- Renewing books:See instructions on how to renew online.
- REDCap: Live introductory, intermediate, and advanced REDCap classes are hosted every Tuesday.
- UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates