August 8, 2018
Registration Open: Graduate Student Research Institute
Join us this summer for the second annual Graduate Student Research Institute (GSRI)!
GSRI is a free and online pre-fall program offered by the UW Libraries and Graduate School Core Programs, aimed at giving UW graduate students the tools and strategies they need to research smarter, not harder. GSRI is highly recommended for incoming graduate students, new Research Assistants, and students in programs that emphasize research or capstones.
GSRI can help you to:
- Learn practical research skills and strategies
- Become familiar with a the best resources for graduate research and success
- Build community with other UW students and campus support staff
- Reflect on your academic experience and increase your confidence
Participants with common interests will meet together in small online cohorts, with personalized support from UW librarians and other qualified mentors in their subject areas.
Topics include effective academic research, productivity tools & skills, academic support resources, and tips for taking your research to the next level.
There are two sessions of GSRI being offered in Summer 2018.
- Session #1: August 20-24, 2018 (online)
- Session #2: September 10-14, 2018 (online)
Learning for each session takes place over 5 days with no fixed participation times, although we recommend you reserve approximately one hour per day to complete the Institute. Space in a particular session may be requested, but is not guaranteed. Program is not offered for-credit.