A face mask is required for everybody using HSL spaces, regardless of vaccination status, in compliance with UW and UW Medicine guidelines.
The University of Washington Health Sciences Library (HSL) is now open for UW users with a valid Husky card.
- UW users can access HSL by tapping their Husky card on the card reader at the 2nd floor entrance (T-227) between 7:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Friday.
- When exiting HSL, users must tap their Husky card on the interior card reader before opening the door. An alarm will sound if the door is opened without tapping a Husky card.
- Users can stay in HSL until closing but cannot re-enter the Library after 8:00 p.m.
- UW Health Sciences students with after-hours access can enter HSL 24/7 using their Husky card.
- Non-UW users can access online HSL resources from the computers in Suzzallo Library. Hold requests for non-UW users can be placed for pick up at Suzzallo Library.
- Face coverings are required in all UW indoor spaces, including HSL, regardless of vaccination status, and must be worn at all times while inside the building. Patrons must enter with a mask or accept to wear a complimentary mask. Patrons refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave or escorted out.
For more information about other UW Libraries buildings, visit the UW Libraries COVID-19 Updates Page.
Contact your health sciences librarian to schedule an appointment. Zoom consultations are prioritized to minimize the spread of the virus.
Contact your health sciences librarian to discuss availability and organize a class instruction. Remote teaching is preferred to minimize the spread of the virus.
|Interlibrary Loan / Request a book or article
Interlibrary loan is processing requests for most physical materials.
|Group study rooms
Ten study rooms on the second floor are available for reservation up to two weeks in advance (valid UW NetID required).
|After hours access for Health Sciences students
UW Health Sciences students with after-hours access can enter HSL 24/7 using their Husky card.
The Odegaard Writing Center is open for online and in-person consultations. However, the HSL-based satellite office will remain closed during Fall 2021.
Weekly REDCap classes hosted through TRAIL will be held online during Fall 2021.
- Is there a capacity limit? Is socially distancing required?
- HSL has and will continue to closely follow guidelines set by UW Environmental Health & Safety Department (EHS) on social distancing. At current time, EHS has not recommended social distancing requirements. Should they do so, HSL will reconfigure the Library to allow patrons to effectively study while maintaining social distance.
- Who has after-hours access to HSL?
- After-hours student access privileges are provided and maintained by the UW Health Sciences Schools (Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Social Work). Please contact your school's Student Services office for more information.
- What cleaning/disinfection steps is HSL taking?
- HSL is following cleaning protocols set by EHS. HSL staff and the Health Sciences Education Building custodial department are regularly sanitizing high touch surfaces. Patrons are responsible for sanitizing computer workstations with provided disinfectant wipes.
- Am I going to receive a fine for materials I've had since UW closed?
- Due date extensions have ended. Please renew or return items before they are overdue and subject to fines.
SEPTEMBER 27 - DECEMBER 17
- Monday - Thursday:
- Husky card access: 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Husky card access: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday:
DECEMBER 18 - JANUARY 2, 2022
- Monday - Sunday
UPCOMING HOLIDAY HOURS
- Day before Thanksgiving Day
Wednesday, November 24: 7:30am – 5:00pm
- Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 25: CLOSED
- Native American Heritage Day
Friday, November 26: CLOSED
- Christmas Eve
Friday, December 24: CLOSED
- New Year's Eve
Friday, December 31: CLOSED