The Pacific Room is available for rental by UW groups for university-related activities.
- Rental fees $40 per hour or $200 per day. 30 minutes are included at both ends at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time.
- All uses must have prior approval of the Associate Dean and Director of the Health Sciences Library.
- Non-UW groups for private activities are not usually accepted, contact the HSL Director.
- The room is not a general classroom and cannot be booked for the same hour every day or for several days each week.
Health Sciences Library, lower level, Room T229
Warren G. Magnuson Health Sciences Building T-Wing, 2nd floor
Availability and Charges
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- It is not available weekends and holidays
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the Associate Dean and Director.
Capacity and Layout
- 48 seated
- Maximum of 78 for standing reception
The following equipment and software is provided.
- 1 HP Elitebook 2570P laptop, includes:
- Windows 7
- Office 2013
- Mozilla Firefox browser
- Google Chrome browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- 1 Smart Board SB885i touch board
- Power outlets throughout the room
- Magnetic whiteboards
- 24 tables
- 48 chairs
- Coat rack
- Polycom telephone for conference calls
- Garbage, recycle, and compost containers
- Sign standards (2) for signage; renter to provide signs
- Send a request using the Billing Form below to HSLRooms@uw.edu.
Download the Pacific Room Billing Form
You must include the following information:
- Your name, affiliation and contact information
- Date(s) & time requested; include setup and cleanup time in your request
- Expected number of attendees
- Name of event, i.e. what will people ask for at the Information Desk
- Billing Information
- Preferred date and time for your preview
- Confirmation will be provided within 72 hours of request; your reservation is not guaranteed until it is confirmed.
- No charge for cancellations prior to 1 week before the event; after that 50% of the rental fee will be charged.
Reservations are required. For questions or more information, email HSLRooms@uw.edu.
Room Use Policies
- Only HSL, UWMC, or UWMC hosted or sponsored events may use the Pacific Room for official University purposes. The room is not available for private use.
- The room is suitable for meetings and one-time workshops. For hands on computer use, one of the Commons classrooms should be reserved (http://hsl.uw.edu/topics/learning-commons-reservations-policies).
- A prearranged preview of the room and its equipment prior to each reservation is required since technical support at the time of an event is limited.
- UW NetID for non-UW guests needing wireless access on their own devices can be obtained via UW-IT Connect . UW individuals use their own NetIDs for wireless access. Login information for the presenter’s station is provided in the room.
- Instructions for use of the equipment are provided in the room.
- Two Sign standards will be provided at no charge for signage provided by renter (sign specifications provided in the confirmation letter).
- Food and nonalcoholic beverages are permitted. No kitchen or refrigeration facilities are available.
- It is the responsibility of the individual reserving the room to schedule, plan, and expedite all deliveries, audiovisual equipment rentals, and catering services.
- The default setup will be provided unless otherwise requested. Renters may rearrange the room as needed on the day of the event. Renters are responsible for setup and cleanup.
- Items may not be taped to the walls; magnetic white boards are provided for this purpose.
- If an exception is made to use the room outside of business hours, $100 per hour will be charged to cover the cost of having staff available.
- Any fees must be paid by UW budget number; any damage to the facilities or missing equipment will be charged to this budget number as well.
- The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Setup and Cleanup
- Users are responsible for setup and cleanup as well as making additional arrangements for food and other equipment.
- 30 minutes is included at both ends of the reservation at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time
- You will be checked in and out of the room.
- Additional fees will be billed for any damages beyond normal wear and tear after a room assessment upon completion of your event.
Room Setup Options
Optional 70″ TV and videoconferencing equipment (additional fee)