The TRAIL Idea Incubator Space is available for rental for the UW community, including non-UW affiliated groups.
There is no rental fee to rent the TRAIL Idea Incubator Space Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M. for UW affiliated groups.
If you are not affiliated with the UW, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for reservation information and rental rates. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in reserving the space after hours or on the weekend for availability and price quote. 30 minutes is included at both ends at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time.
The room is not a general classroom, and cannot be booked for the same hour every day or for several days each week.
Health Sciences Library, lower level, Room T216
Warren G. Magnuson Health Sciences Building T-Wing, 2nd floor
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
After-hours and weekend bookings are at the discretion of the HSL Director or her designee at the rate of $60 per hour, $350 max per day
Capacity and Layout
The standard configuration for the space is 15 seated, but can seat up to 20. For larger groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for space options.
The following equipment is provided:
- Data Wall – 6 screens that act as monitors, in grid 3 TVs wide and 2 TVs tall, supports HDMI and VGA inputs
- PC connected to and configured for the Data Wall for your convenience if you do not intend to bring your own device
- Wireless keyboard and mouse for use with the PC
- Polycom telephone for conference calls
- 2 whiteboards – one extra-large, one medium
- Large modular sofa, seats 6
- Medium modular sofa, seats 3
- 6 chairs
- Power outlets throughout the room
Please include in your reservation email any requested item(s) from the following optional equipment:
- Samsung 360° Camera
- Amazon Echo
- Video adaptor for DisplayPort
- Video adaptor for DVI
- Apple TV for streaming video
- Telephone (Conventional, non-Polycom)
- Whiteboard markers/eraser cloth
- Chalk/eraser cloth
Use this form to reserve the TRAIL space.
Please include the following information if appropriate:
- Any of the optional equipment you would like to request
- Whether you would like to arrange for a pre-event orientation to the space and technology
- If you intend to use the Data Wall: Specify whether you intend to bring your own device(s), or use the provided PC
- The name of your event – i.e. what will people ask for at the Information Desk
• Confirmation will be provided within 72 hours of request; your reservation is not guaranteed until it is confirmed.
• No charge for cancellations prior to 1 week before the event; after that a fee will be charged to your department.
Reservations are required. For questions or more information, email HSLRooms@uw.edu. For general TRAIL questions or to reserve a consultation/class along with the space, please contact email@example.com.
• The use of the space is for purposes aligned with UW. The room is not available for private use.
• The room is suitable for events such as meetings, one-time workshops, project incubation, and training on protocols for a trial.
• TRAIL staff will check you in and check you out of the room, and will be available for general questions during your event. If you anticipate needing assistance with any of the items in the room, please schedule a consult before your event.
• A prearranged preview of the room and its equipment prior to each reservation is suggested, since technical support at the time of an event may be limited.
• UW NetID for non-UW guests needing wireless access on their own devices can be obtained via UW-IT Connect. UW individuals may use their own NetIDs for wireless access.
• Basic instructions for use of the equipment are provided in the room.
• Food and beverages are not permitted. No kitchen or refrigeration facilities are available.
• It is the responsibility of the individual reserving the room to schedule, plan, and expedite all deliveries, and audiovisual equipment rentals for equipment not listed.
• Renters may rearrange the room as needed on the day of the event. Renters are responsible for setup and cleanup.
• Items may not be taped to the walls.
• If an exception is made to use the room outside of business hours, $60 per hour will be charged to cover the cost of having staff available.
• Any fees must be paid by UW budget number or by check if the reserver does not have a UW budget number; any damage to the facilities or missing equipment will be charged to the same budget number as well or invoiced if the reserver does not have a UW budget number.
• The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation contact the Disability Services Office at least ten days in advance at: 206.543.6450/V, 206.543.6452/TTY, 206.685.7264 (FAX), or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Setup and Cleanup
• Users are responsible for setup and cleanup as well as making additional arrangements for other equipment.
• 30 minutes is included at both ends of the reservation at no charge to allow for setup and clean up. If more time is needed, please reserve the room for a longer period of time
• You will be checked in and out of the room.